This guide provides some examples on how to document sources in APA citation style. It is based on the 7th edition of the “Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association and also other references as listed under Acknowledgement.
The print version of the manual is available in the Library, BF76.7 P97 2020. 7th ed (Chapter 9 and 10). Click here to view ebook version.
To view how sources are cited in APA style, you may click on the tabs to know more.
- Acknowledging sources of information in a standardised method.
- Full details of the source must be given.
- All information sources used in your assignment must be acknowledged
- To show that your work can be substantiated with facts.
- To acknowledge the works of others.
- To allow others to identify and retrieve the references.
- If you do not acknowledge the sources uses, you will be guilty of plagiarism and disciplinary action may be taken against you.
- Quoting, i.e. directly copying the words of another.
- Paraphrasing, i.e. putting the ideas of another in your own words.
- Summarising, i.e. putting the main ideas of another in your own words.
WP/092 Issue 2 12 Oct 2022